~*WELCOME*~

~*WELCOME*~

January 24, 2012

Old Town White Coffee Indonesia Review

I don't recognize this name. Really. I passed the store few times but I thought it was sort of like The Coffee Bean? But it turns out more like a Kopitiam instead :)

As my auntie told me (may correct her if she's wrong), Old Town White Coffee is store branched from Singapore. I wasn't big on coffee so I'm not really recognizing coffee stores all over the world. It's different if you're asking tea place, like Chatime, to me :p

So last Saturday, me and my auntie was on Mall Taman Anggrek, as I previously stated on last post and we had lunch there. I was going to pick Sushi Groove or Pepper Lunch as safe choice, but my auntie insisted on eating proper white rice. Since she's the one paying then fine, I'll go with her pick. As you may guess, we went to Old Town. It's located on LG floor just beside Kopitiam and it's still new. It's packed! Many people were eating lunch there. Luckily we got seat. (there were only 2 seats left!)

Auntie ordered Dory Fish Rice. While I was drooling over many choices of noodle and I can't even decide! So I asked the waiter and he said the noodles that got ordered by many people is Mee Beehoon Prawn. (not sure of the menu name though)


YUM! It has literally MANY things inside. Prawn, squids, veggies, half egg, beehoon (vermicelli), mee (noodles), fish cake, and... uh.. many things! I just can't remember. And the broth tasted AWESOME. A bit spicy but so freshen! I will be back here ;)


For the drink I ordered Raspberry Smoothie (price 25k). There's another choice which is added with Yoghurt (price 28k), but I didn't choose that because I thought that would be too much since the noodles I was predicted would be sour. But the smoothie turned out a bit too sweet for my liking. And it tastes like Sugus Grape, in a form of cold liquid. Another choice of flavor is Orange Smoothie. I will try again with the yoghurt perhaps :D

For the closing of the day before leaving Taman Anggrek, auntie bought me Maquis. They're opening booth at Peking Symphony stage at atrium. Originally I saw them at Central Park. I bought Chocolate Mini Cake and Edam Mini Cake. When I got back home, opened the nice paper bag, it contained Edam and Almond one -_- and it doesn't taste good. So thick of cheese. So unless you're a big fan of cheese, I wouldn't suggest you to buy Maquis Mini Cake :|


Took the pic at home :( pretty pink cake store why didn't you taste nice? And honestly got not many choices also.

Anyhow I would recommend Old Town. The varieties of menu are many so you may wanna come back 10 times to try them each.
Tomorrow I'll be back to daily regular life. Hope will be able to post another Lunar New Year food experience :D
Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment